Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Miscellaneous Life Updates

Whats goin on with you these days?? We've been in our new home for 2 months now. I have stepped in and grabbed the bull by the horns in my new position as Director of Hospitality here. My co-workers are starting to feel more like friends than awkward acquaintances. I never wanted to be a working mom, but since I have to be, this is a God-given absolutely most perfect job possible.

What do you ACTUALLY do there?
I am re-vamping the hospitality department here at YWAM Lords Land and giving much needed face lifts to all the cabins on the land. I access what needs to be done, then delegate jobs to staff. I have my finger on the pulse of who is staying here and when, what cabins need to be cleaned on what days, and what the guests are saying about their stay here. I'm the brains behind the operation but I don't do much of the "fun stuff". I decide what color a wall needs to be painted, then assign someone else to paint it so that I can be at home teaching my daughter her Alphabet and tending to her needs. It works, and it works well. And during nap time, (with my bosses blessing) I continue work on my book....like a squirrel storing nuts away for the winter.

So like, I heard you live in the middle of nowhere...??
Skunks, deer, wild turkeys, snakes, rats, free roaming sheep and angry birds are literally a part of our every day life. I am learning how to live a rural lifestyle, when the grocery store is 30 minutes away you can't just run down the street for a gallon of milk! Everything has to be planned out. This goes against every natural part of my very spontaneous-fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants personality....but I'm learning to do things in a very unnatural way.

Hows your cute kid?
She just turned 3 and is thriving. A family of 8 kids lives next door so she is playing outside constantly. I think she loves living in community like we do because there is always someone to talk to or hug. And she makes people laugh, a lot.

What about your speaking thing...hows that?
This weekend was the last official tour date of our post-Cambodia tour and it went amazing. It is mind boggling to think that the story of what God did for me, how he blessed me, how he rescued me....is now a story that He is multiplying to bless and rescue others. It's crazy. Its crazy to be part of something like that, like this.

Any romance goin on yet? No, but I sense God has something amazing in store. I trust it's just not time yet or something would be happening.


3 comments:

  1. so excited to hear the updates, lissi! i miss you and ella jean a ton and am going to call you soon. we're due for a catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you :-) You're a special lady.
    -Lizzy

    ReplyDelete