Friday, August 5, 2011

5 Things I Love About Ella-Jean February

The Girls 3rd birthday is coming up. It's the one time of the year I feel validated in writing shamelessly sickly sappy blogs about how proud I am of her and brag about her, in a way only a mother can. So in that spirit, I've compiled a list....

5 Things I Love About Ella-Jean February
  1. Her Determination. If the girl wants something, the girl will defy all obstacles to get it. We were at a fast food restaurant one night with family and she kept telling me she "wanted toys". I gave her the usual, 'sorry honey, there aren't any toys here'. Bored with adult conversation and on a mission, she wandered off, out of eye sight for a good 10 minutes. And when she came back, her arms were literally overflowing with toys she had convinced a worker to give her. My family was shocked, but this is the norm for her and it didn't surprise me. She wanted something, and she found a way to get it.
  2. She is opinionated. I suppose this is probably pretty common for most youngsters. But common or not, I love that she boldly shares whats on her mind, and often in a very passionate way.
  3. She's obsessed with the back of my arms. The child isn't attached to a blankie or toy, nope, nothing calms her more than scratching the dead bumpy skin on the back of my arms. No matter where we are or whats going on, she scratches it and begins to purr. Weird, I know.
  4. She takes responsibility. She takes care of her dirty pajamas that need to be put in the hamper, and she clears the table after we eat a meal, and she undresses herself before bath time and puts her things away and gets out what she needs for bed. With her being 2 and me being a single mom, this is a real blessing to me.
  5. I love how she sings with her eyes closed tightly and nose squinted, like she's singing from the very depths of her soul, even if its just a Bieber song and she's not even singing the correct lyrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment