My.....how our world has changed in the last 12 months!
I can't count the miles we've driven across the US or hours we've spent on airplanes in the last year. We've been a lot of places and we've done a lot of things. But this is a new season. A season of calm, routine, and peace.
And if it were just you and me sitting on a couch and talking into the night, I'd tell you this....
I'm completely exhausted. The last year did me in. I am in total recovery mode right now. With all the processing I am doing, I've realized I did a lot of things in my own strength without depending on God and without operating in His love. It's easier to do things in your own strength sometimes....until its done and you're depleted and empty and you realize you've been an awful person in a lot of ways because God's love wasn't what was moving you. I have regrets that I'm working through. Had I operated more inside of his perfect love, I wouldn't be so drained right now.
And Now? I'm sitting on my livingroom floor staring at the colorful Alphabet and Number magnets plastering the front of our fridge. It's a symbol, a constant reminder of this wonderful new season of life we made it to. We have our own fridge, for the first time ever! And gosh darn it we're living here long enough to put magnets on it! And there's food in it. Food I bought in an American grocery store. And my daughter is learning her letters and numbers, and what a special thing it is to see her grow and flourish in this quiet little cabin in the middle of the woods that we now call home.
It's the beginning of a new beginning....are you with us?
so glad youre back! cant wait to hear about your next journey. cheers to a beautiful new beginning!
ReplyDeleteyes! i'm so happy that you have started blogging again. i'm sure that you are so relieved to have your stability back and finally have a little place of your own! relish in it and enjoy it.
ReplyDelete