I wasn't joking.
(Don't worry Mom, I've practiced restraint in the Oreo department.)
If you look closely you can see my wall decor is home makeover pages I tore out of Southern Living Magazines circa 2007, courtesy of my boss who needed to dispose of them prior to her furlough. You don't know true desperation till you've hit this point.
Seriously though I've been having dreams of a tool belt around my waist and a paint roller in my hand for months now. Blame it on my deprivation of American cable tv with all of its home makeover shows, or that I haven't stepped foot in a Home Depot since August 2010, or maybe it's because I unfortunately happen to loathe Asian design and decor and haven't been able to escape it since we set up camp here last October.
Whatever the reason, I'm obsessed. And since there's nothing tangible I can do while I'm here, I've been hanging out at The Lettered Cottage and other sites, collecting ideas and dreaming of what to create when I'm back on good ol' American soil.
Click on the link and dream away with me, won't you?

Elise, I came over here to thank you for visiting my blog. I've been looking around a little bit, and you have an amazing story. God bless you as you follow His plan for you and your beautiful daughter!
ReplyDeletewas just sent our blog link and I will become a regular reader.
ReplyDeleteyour writing is humbling.
your mission is beautiful.
It is always fun to see God working through his children.