Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 106- Three Little Words

Those 3 little words. Those 3 little words that warp me into a trance like state. Unable to reason. Unable to resist. I'm powerless once they're spoken, a slave forced to submit to her request. Those 3 little words are the reason there's a pile of clean laundry still waiting to be folded in the corner of our room. The reason we almost didn't get out of bed for 2 days straight this weekend. Those 3 little words are responsible for much more than they ought to be.

Mama, nuggle me!

She means snuggle, but nuggle is so endearing I might never correct her. Unless she's married asking her husband to nuggle her and then I might say something.

But thats a long, LOOONNGG way off.

So we lay there, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, arms intertwined and interlocked like a jumbled up piece of rope with no end. Her warm little breath is still too young too stink, so I breathe it in deeply. She is mine.

These are the moments that get us through together. When the culture shock is overwhelming, when it feels like the world is on my shoulders, when she's been dealt out a few too many punches from a bully at the park, or when we're simply both cranky and irritable with each other (yes, this does happen), these moments of nuggling preserve both our hope and our sanity.

She says 3 little words and I'm left powerless, and in the end the world is a much sweeter place.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I totally get it, still!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious.....and yes, i have those days. being older is much harder at times to have those little ones. so when the time comes to just sit and "nuggle" with each other. never pass that opportunity away. blessings sweet girl. Joetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise, this is just SO sweet!! Thanks for sharing! I'm SO happy God has blessed you with this little treasure...EJ

    ReplyDelete