You might not agree with what I'm about to write. But at least let my words bounce around in your head like a pinball machine.
I was raped.
I subsequently became pregnant.
There were people who would have fully supported me in having an abortion.
Since I was raped, her life was less valuable, illegitimate, a choice to be made.
Because I was raped.
When you see pictures of my lovely daughter, could you imagine if I had killed her?
Life is Never an Accident.
If a 14 year old girl is raped by her step-dad and becomes pregnant, the life in her womb was created by God. The tragedy that happened to her is not made right by murdering the life that God is bringing out of such a horrible situation. 2 Wrongs never make a right. It's just committing a second crime to abort that child.
Such would be to take the easy way out; And this is why there are so many weak people walking around lacking any kind of inner strength, character or depth.
If you want to be blessed, you do the right thing. I have loads of empathy on anyone facing such a circumstance, please don't confuse my strong words for lacking compassion. Remember, I lived through a hell of my own, I've been there. But true character is doing the right thing even when it is hard. True character is valuing life even when your's was de-valued. Or your daughters was de-valued.
One day we will all stand before God, and as citizens of The United States of America, what excuse will we give for murdering millions in this country. The blood of these unborn babies is on our hands, and what will we say on that Day?
"But Lord....I was raped so I thought it would be okay to murder my child."
Or....
" But God, my daughter was raped! I wanted to take her pain away so I felt justified in forcing her to murder it"
Your daugher is just beautiful. The picture of the two of you is just gorgeous! Your words are beautiful also. Will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for having the moral courage to share your beliefs. It takes a strong person to realize that God values life, even when that life comes from an act of violence. It takes a strong person to walk that out in her own life.
ReplyDeleteDEUTERONOMY 30:19 NKJ
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and
cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your
descendants may live...
God asks us to "choose life" and then he will bless us. Be blessed!
Elise, you are a HERO and certainly not one of those "weak people walking around lacking character or depth"! The world is a better place because you did not take the easy road. As you have valued life, whether the life of your child or the lives of the Khmer people around you, you reflect God's values and perspective. He will not fail you! Love, Barb Nizza
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more. Abortion is never an option that a believer should take. Its a life that God has chosen to bring forth. He IS The creator and giver of life. stay strong and continue raising that sweet child to glorify and honor the Lord. joetta
ReplyDelete