This is Gina and Visoth. Visoth is 15 and has lived at BYKOTA house for 4 years now. He is one of my most caring and helpful students.
"Visoth is 10 years old. He is positive for Hepatitis B and suffers with very poor health. Because of his illness he has suffered much abuse and neglect. His education has also suffered a great deal. He is beginning again in the first grade and we are trying to build up his health. Please keep Visoth in your prayers."-www.HighTowerMinistries.comLast week, Visoth failed his Science and Social Studies tests. Frustrated and disappointed, I asked Mr. Mark head honcho/co-founder/Daddy of BYKOTA House, if by chance he could take the tests again. With a green light, he would retake the 2 tests, and was due for a spelling test as well. So 3 full days this week I intensely drilled information into him and taught him a few of my test-taking-tricks until we were BOTH blue in the face and our brains were fried. And whadduyaknow!? He scored 100% on all 3 tests! I feel like a proud mama, or at least a really proud teacher who loves her students very much.
BYKOTA house is in need of child sponsors, please consider changing the life and future of one of these amazing kids. See www.HighTowerMinistries.Com for information.
proud of you elise! keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI should not read your blog after applying make-up before I leave for work!!! Especially the last 2 blogs! I love you! Mom
ReplyDelete