Sunday we made a trip across town to check out a French grocery store.
I was thrilled to find some special foods we've been living without for the last 3 months. Goldfish crackers (a staple of every toddlers diet) being one of those foods. It was the quietest shopping trip I've had as the Little One munched away contently on her instant homesickness cure.
When we got to the check out my visa card would not work. I frantically pulled out some cash I had in my wallet, a mixture of US dollars which are used here, and Cambodian currency. I counted it over and over, losing track each time. But I knew I didn't have nearly enough.
You know the feeling,
you shouldn't be embarrassed,
but you start to perspire,
and panic,
and it feels like every eye is on you.
It was one of those moments. And it was lasting far too long.
And I was gonna lose it.
At the height of my frustration, I was ready to count my losses and walk out.
Thats when a total stranger walked over to me and pulled a 20$ out of her wallet....
"Here, how much do you need?"
I just covered my face with my hands and tried not to cry.
No one can ever tell me that God isn't faithful.
That He doesn't provide in our time of need.
Last Sunday standing at the cash register at a little French grocery store in Phnom Penh,
He did it again.
God just continues to take care of you and little Ella Jean! Love to you! Hugs to you! Thanks for your stories that remind us of just how loving and caring God is to us!
ReplyDeleteKim
Amazing. Thank you for reminding us all to see the times that God provides for us. It's so easy to look past those moments, but they exist. Daily!
ReplyDeleteAwesome God is so faithful. I think so many of us forget how much he loves us.
ReplyDelete