But let me tell you a little secret about writing a book, it's a LOT of work. I am trying to get it written as quickly as possible, and right now it feels like I'm working 3 full time jobs. I've got my job as a mom, my ministry here in Cambodia where I get to teach a dozen or so awesome kids, and then this book.
The truth is, I have no business writing a book. I have no formal training and really no clue at at all what I'm doing. I'm sure all the educated folk look at me like I'm a foolish narcissist. Everyday I forge through all my insecurities, all my incompetencies, fully aware of how inadequate I am for this task; Because I really believe God wants me to share my story. It sometimes feels like I'm trudging through a swamp of molasses just to complete one page, or one paragraph. But I plow ahead anyway, one word at a time, determined to finish what I started.
I read your story in Peekaboo NWA and I think writing a book is a wonderful ministry. Too many girls become pregnant as a result of rape and your story will help show them that their baby is a blessing that God has sent them. Your words are words of hope!
ReplyDeleteElise, in my experience and understanding of how Papa God works, you can bet that He uses those who are coming from the most humble of circumstances! He chooses the "under-qualified" by the world's standards, so that when they share that God was their strength, it will be a clear truth to those who hear it! You have a testimony to share that MUST BE HEARD, because not enough people are willing to be candid with their experience like you are. Please continue to trust God and keep writing one day at a time, trusting that it will be done in His timing! :-) Many blessings upon all that you are doing! I am unbelievably blessed to know you and see all that you are allowing God to do with you and through you!
ReplyDeleteElise, I wish I had an ounce of the writing skills that you have. You need to read through your past blog posts and you will find out you write very well and are very engaging in your writing. And you story needs to be told. Yo have a very powerful testimony.
ReplyDelete