Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 5- Misery

This is what we have looked like, this is what we have felt like, for days now.


I've been sick as a dog, she's been sick off and on...together its been a miserable disaster. A few days ago I thought our only option was to fly home asap. But as of today, we seem to be alive and well. I don't have a clue what God is doing, but he is definitely doing something.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west." Isa 43:2-5

4 comments:

  1. O NO!
    All i can say is...got mole problems?
    This too shall pass! Seriously.

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's right! this too SHALL pass... it always does. remember, "It is plain that nothing can be added to the mind already full. There is no door through which evil can enter, and no space for evil to fill in a mind filled with goodness. Good thoughts are an impervious armor; clad therewith you are completely shielded from the attacks of error of every sort. And not only yourselves are safe, but all whom your thoughts rest upon are thereby benefited."

    i love you elise! i just read what you're up too! you are amazing, and will inspire millions.

    -your roommate, Casey Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your misery to leave! So sorry you and Ella Jean have to feel like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you've inspired a new hair cut for me!!

    ReplyDelete