Friday, October 22, 2010

Last few days of Normalcy

We've been in California for 10 days now doing a mini friends+family tour. 2 nights here, 3 nights there, 2 nights at the next place, etc. It's definitely not restful, but its absolutely necessary. We leave for Cambodia in 38 hours.


EJ and I came down with a horrendous cold this week. Its been chaotic sleeping in so many different places, and that takes a toll on a 2 year old's sleep schedule, which then takes a toll on me. A few nights ago, we had just arrived at my Dad's place, it was 11pm and she was asleep, but I was laying there wide awake as an ear infection came on. It was painful and I was starting to panic. To make it worse, my dad kind of lives in the middle of nowhere. Just the thought of getting her up, getting him up and driving to an ER or something in the middle of the night was more than I could handle. So of course I prayed. I was so doubtful, but it was all I could do. I've never experienced a physical healing before, but 2 hours later I woke up and YES....the ear infection was completely gone. I wasn't going to tell you because I didn't think you'd believe me, but it's true.








Does anybody else have the new taylor swift song stuck in their head? Its driving me crazy. "You fell in love with a careless mans careful daughter..." 38 Hours left here.....

2 comments:

  1. I am going to kill you for posting those crusty pics of me!!!!

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe in physical healings! I am excited to hear He met you in those late hours of the night and gave you the healing you needed!! :-) Yay God!! Get ready, overseas those kinds of things tend to happen more often than here, especially if you run into third-wave/charismatic missionaries! All the best to you and Ella-Jean in Cambodia! I will periodically check the blog to see how God is working over there!! :-) Prayers, blessings, grace, and peace go with you and Ella-Jean!

    ReplyDelete