Today is our last day in Arkansas. It's morning time. There's a cool autumn breeze blowing in our bedroom window right now and my little one is still asleep in her crib. Despite the zillion lists I've made, and the suitcases that are basically packed already, I don't feel even close to being ready to go. There's a hundred details to take care of today, and I'm terrible with details. I'm worried I'll forget to tie up all the loose ends.
Trying not to be anxious. Trying to not worry or fret. I wish I hadn't of read the travelers health information about Cambodia last night! That website about had me convinced we would get Typhoid and die within our first week of arriving! I'll just keep praying for protection. But I'll admit, my nerves are a bit rattled.
It's strange leaving here with the future so unknown. This has been our home for a year and a half and leaving is bittersweet. I know life is going to be different. I know it will be challenging, that's guaranteed. I wonder who we will meet, who we will laugh with, who we will cry with, who we will pray for. Where will we go? I wonder about the things we'll get to see, the stories we'll get to hear, the hands we'll get to hold. The miracles we're going to witness with our own eyes.
I'm not worried. I'm not scared. I'm supernaturally confident. And I can't help but dwell in the possibilities of the adventure awaiting us.
....But for now it's back to packing, cleaning and last minute errands.
Oh Elise, how wonderful you are about to embark on another adventure! I miss experiencing that anxious feeling before jumping on a plane to a new exotic location. :) I'm so looking forward to your pictures and blog posts. Cambodge is a wonderful place, I know you'll love it there. I can just see you and Ella holding on tight to the back of a moto! You will be missed!
ReplyDeletei'm so excited for you elise! it's really inspiring to see how your faith in God translates into an exuberant yet mindful yearning to live life. i'm really proud of you and ella jean and happy to call you my sister!
ReplyDelete