Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 7- Fantasizing

I've been fantasizing a lot about marriage and family lately. This week I read More Hours in My Day by Emilie Barnes. It's written to help normal women with normal husbands and normal lives help get themselves and their homes organized; It's not written to the single mom missionary in a foreign country just trying to establish a sense of normalcy in her life. It left me utterly heartbroken wishing for "normal".

But tonight I realized that possibly soon, my life could be VERY different. Very Different in the way I'm wanting it to be different, but different in the way where having adventures on the other side of the world with my favorite person will no longer be an option- And I will miss it, the adventure, the magic, the satisfaction of getting to do something so meaningful-I will miss it terribly.

So...I needn't waste another second fantasizing about strolling through the aisles of Trader Joe's, putting makeup on before the gorgeous husband gets home from work, or homeschooling my dozen or so children. Because RIGHT NOW I'm living the dream I'll be fantasizing about when I'm living the dream that I'm fantasizing about now.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA,dont hold your breathe for the "strolling through Trader Joes" part...it really just becomes "rushing through Trader Joes with an annoyed child who is hungry and tired, while thinking of the other errands you STILL have to get to". I miss the days that you are currently having. So you are right, we always want what we dont have. Both are GOOD. So just imagine the people that have only experienced one of these extremes and never the other? Thats pretty much most of my new friends. I dont understand it.

    tiffness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey
    Barbara Jonson, author, said "Normal is just a setting on a dryer" and she is right. I am so proud of you for your normal which is hearing Dad's voice and acting on it. Love you. My sister and her husband will be coming to your area of the world on outreach in Dec. Maybe they will be near where you are. Blessings
    Janie D (back on the farm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have said it perfectly Elise. You are living the dream that the Father has is His heart for you. You are so strong and courageous. We prayed for you at church on Sunday. We are all so proud of you. I love reading your blog. :]
    Tiffany Cox
    Genesis Fellowship

    ReplyDelete