I can't believe she will be 2 this month. My little baby is getting so big. I'm so proud of who she is. Her empathy, her kindheartedness, her gentle sweet nurturing spirit, her resourcefulness, determination, her silly sense of humor, how capable she is of setting boundaries with people in ways even adults struggle to. I love how driven she is, how when she wants something she will find a creative way of getting it. Those are survival skills that can translate into a very successful life.
She is so independent. Yet we are so closely bonded. It's a beautiful dance. She's almost 2, and we have never been apart longer than 8 hours, (and that was only once). It makes me smile to think that Ive been there for everything. I haven't missed a day, Ive hardly missed a single moment! But she is so self sufficient, resourceful, independent, motivated.
Last night when I was going to bed, she heard me rustling around and woke up. Seizing the opportunity for a few precious moments with her, I brought her in bed with me for some snuggle time. She passed out immediately, head resting on my collar bone, legs draped all over the place, completely limp. As we layed there peacefully in the dark bedroom, my mind was filled with memories of how she used to sleep on my chest, this teeny little 7lb 3 oz bean bag curled up in a ball resting so peacefully. The little gurgles and sucking sounds she used to make, her fuzzy little head that smelled of fresh baby; I couldn't bear to put her down back then, my heart had never felt so much love well up inside it.
And now here she is, her lanky limbs draped all over me, laughing in her sleep as I strain to hold in my own chuckles in response. My little girl walks around quoting lines to movies, she sings her own version of the ABC's, she jumps on beds, catches chickens with her bare hands, she dances with friends at concerts and helps me cook. My 7lb 3 oz bean bag has blossomed into this beautiful lanky little girl with a huge heart, a huge smile, a huge laugh and.....
Happy 2nd Birthday Ella-Jean February,
You're a dream come true.
Love it:) You're a wonderful mom
ReplyDelete