I was casually reclining on the trunk of my car, as the hot sun settled itself lower and lower in the sky. My hands were holding up my current library find, but my attention was captivated by my daughter and her best friend Marin as their innocent squeals filled the warm evening air. Beams of sunlight turned their hair into rich golden hues and their laughter was infectious as they chased around the resident dog in circles through the vast green field. We live on a 44acre property with more than enough room for them to roam freely, and they do.
In the perfection of this most picturesque moment in time, a somewhat prideful thought passes through me. I think back to those people who didn't think I could do it. Who up until I was 9 months pregnant still tried to convince me I oughtta give her up for adoption. Cause I didn't have a degree. Cause I didn't have a husband. Cause I didn't have any money or a place to live or any tangible hope of ever becoming anything. Cause I wasn't thinkin' I'd become a mama under circumstances like these.
But I knew God had a plan. I knew with confident assuredness that I was to be Ella-Jeans mom. I knew that despite people's doubts and concerns, despite what I lacked, that if I clung to the Lord with everything I had in me throughout it all, that things would turn out just fine for us.
In the perfection of this most picturesque moment in time, a somewhat prideful thought passes through me. I think back to those people who didn't think I could do it. Who up until I was 9 months pregnant still tried to convince me I oughtta give her up for adoption. Cause I didn't have a degree. Cause I didn't have a husband. Cause I didn't have any money or a place to live or any tangible hope of ever becoming anything. Cause I wasn't thinkin' I'd become a mama under circumstances like these.
But I knew God had a plan. I knew with confident assuredness that I was to be Ella-Jeans mom. I knew that despite people's doubts and concerns, despite what I lacked, that if I clung to the Lord with everything I had in me throughout it all, that things would turn out just fine for us.
And in case any of you former doubters are reading this,
I was right.
Thank God.
Yes Elise, Everything has worked itself out alright, and in time you will have everything you need especially your husband and Ella-Jean's daddy...All in time. God's probably just putting the finishing touches on him and getting him ready for you two! I'm so proud of you Elise you have done, you're a wonderful Mommy and person!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you didn't give her up. I could never do that either! God has blessed your lives, and you have been put on this earth for a very special reason, the both of you.
ReplyDeleteThank God indeed.....
ReplyDelete