Monday, March 15, 2010

Nice to Meet You

Saturday morning before we left for Missouri, we rolled out of bed and trudged over to the cafeteria for some breakfast. I loaded our plates up with eggo waffles, turkey-bacon and yogurt and we sat down.

A minute later, my base leader walks a guy over to our table, and introduces him. "This is my good friend Tom, he is here to help us out for a few days, and he is the head of YWAM Publishing."

You've gotta be kidding me.

Here I am, in my sweats, teeth unbrushed, covered in my daughters maple syruppy mess, having breakfast with the head of a publishing company. No. Way.

I have to say it, though my incessant entry's about answered prayer may be driving some of my readers crazy, this once again was just that. I've been asking God for direction, guidance and blessings upon this book...and....well..

I got the opportunity to ask Mr. Publisher some questions about the industry and get some invaluable pointers about my book. He told me I could contact him anytime, and told me to send him the manuscript upon completion and he'll see how they can help me.

Just laugh with me won't you? Laugh at the irony of it, and the awesomeness of how God works things together so sovereignly. If nothing else, just smile.

1 comment: