Friday, March 26, 2010

I learned something recently that has changed a lot of my ways of thinking.
Every choice you make fits into 1 of these 3 categories:
-A moral choice
-A preference
- A strategic choice
I was at a christian screamo concert the other night when a young guy leaned over to me and said,
"I don't see how this is glorifying God in any way. I dont think when God invented music this is what he had in mind"
I wanted to be polite but his ignorance was so offensive. I should have responded with a big slap in the face, instead I kindly said "I think God cares more about where their hearts are at and we dont need to judge" and then I strategically attempted to avoid this sucker the rest of the night.
This is a perfect example of people moralizing someones preferance. You are not any more moral of a person if you listen to Michael W. Smith or Bill Gaither, sorry you old fart.

1 comment:

  1. I sooo loved reading this one! LOL! *two enthusiastic thumbs up!"

    ReplyDelete