Monday, February 22, 2010

T.M.I. Part 1

As I placed Ella-Jean inside the Walmart shopping cart this afternoon, I told her this: "Ella-Jean, God is going to provide for us. He always has, and He always will. We can trust Him." She may not have any idea what I'm talking about, but it helps me to say it out loud sometimes.

She doesn't know how much money we have....or how much we don't have. She didn't see the almost negative balance in our bank account when I checked it online before running out the door. She has no clue that in comparison to the rest of America, we live substantially below the poverty line. But she knows that her mom loves her. She knows that her mom is always with her, and daycare isn't in her vocabulary. She has a mom who has deep and real peace, no matter how much or how litttle we have.

As we placed necessity items into the cart, it was a litteral walk of faith through each aisle. Even when we have absolutely no money, I do not ask how or when or why, because I know God is ALWAYS faithful. I don't stress, I truly do not. I smiled without a care in the world as I payed the cashier for our items; knowing we would need a miracle to get us through this month.

I checked the mail as we pulled into the driveway, as I sifted through each piece, I found a small envelope with my name on it. And inside....a check. Completely unexpected, out of the blue, just enough to get us through.

A tear rolled down my cheek and a smile came across my face.....because God is ALWAYS faithful.

1 comment: