We live on a YWAM base. If you dont know what YWAM is then google it, its hard to explain. We live in a reconverted mental institute. There arent any padded walls, but yes.... it does feel creepy sometimes.
For the last few months, there have only been 5 other people living in our giant dorm building. FIVE PEOPLE. I have enjoyed the peace and quiet immensely, but also suffered from almost unbearable loneliness and boredom. Unbearable.....We already live in a small rural Arkansas town, on top of a fairly isolated mountain....you get what I'm sayin? It's been rough. And if I can be frank, the weather here sucks!
This weekend brought some welcome reprieve from the solitude. The DTS came back from Morocco, that means 14 people are back on base. 7 visitors were here for the weekend. And 2 Mission builders are here for the next month.
I'm feeling less like a mental patient myself and more like I can breathe again....
I don't get up to north eastern Oklahoma too much, and you probably don't get down to OKC too much - but maybe we should try to coordinate someday :)
ReplyDelete