She is getting so old I can't believe my eyes. Due to the influences of all our new friends, she's started speaking some Khmer (Cambodian) and Swiss-German. She shows the moto and tuktuk drivers where to turn to get us home, and tells them when to stop in Khmer, "Jop! Jop!" she yells then pats them on the back. I've gotten my hair done a few times since we've been here. It costs only pennies and people say I look like "an american movie star". Ha. I wish I could take my hair stylist home with me, I'll never be able to do it as good as she does.
Riding the tuktuk somewhere.
We ride a moto to work everyday, its cheapest and fastest. And yes we both wear helmets.This is the street we live on.

These 2 have become good friends. The girls mom is a single mom and is currently a student in the DTS. They live in the room right next to us. Her mom and I have had some really good conversations and prayer times as God is healing her from a lot of things in her past, its so neat to see transformation take place in her life. And its so fun to have another single mom here, even if we dont speak the same language. The girls were born a week apart and keep each other entertained when they have the chance, like playing in the hammock together.

Looks like you two are settling in well! I am so excited that God has both of you in such a unique place right now! I hope you and EJ continue to find yourselves more comfortable with each passing day! Keep enjoying the chances to get your hair done, and be that american movie star! :-)
ReplyDeletefirst i'm gonna be superficial- you look beautiful! i can't believe how much it looks like you've grown up... not gotten old, but just matured!
ReplyDeletesecondly, i'm in awe of hearing about ella jean and her worldliness. she is totally gonna school me when you guys come home to visit.
oh and ps- a small package went out to you both yesterday. i have no idea when you'll get it, but i hope it gets there soon!
with love,
kara