Had my first bout with pink eye last week, double pink eye to be precise. Which brought on one of those nights with a lot of tears and thinking this is too much for me to bear, I'm completely overwhelmed and I'm going to lose it if anything else happens. Of course I was fine, my friend gave me some eye drops so I didn't have to endure a doctors visit and I wore sunglasses for a few days. But most importantly the Little One didn't get it.
I love my job. I'm basically living my dream. Homeschooling 18 kids at an orphanage, with my own attached to my hip. I pretend I'm Michelle Duggar on a daily basis. And I plan to buy myself an apron for Christmas. Now you all know how weird I really am! Ha.
This was my first Thanksgiving in another country. I was really glad I got to call both sides of the family during their thanksgiving meals and say hi to everyone as they passed the phone around. It's little things like this that make living on the other side of the world not a very big deal at all.
I celebrated here by making a special breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes for EJ and I. Our Swiss friend treated us to a good 'ole American cheeseburger for lunch. And a lovely Cambodian guy here took us on his moto to a park where we laughed at the monkeys climbing the telephone poles and played till the sun set in the sky. Driving home I squeezed onto my daughter as the wind blew through our hair. We live a magical life here, and my heart is entirely grateful.
you are an inspiration for us all to find the magical moments in our own daily lives! we love you and miss you and were so happy to hear from you on Thanksgiving as well.
ReplyDeletecan you email me an address where we can send you stuff?
love you! -kara