Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 14- Ministry and Magazines

We survived our first 2 weeks! The days go by much faster now than they did in the beginning. We have a bit of a routine going now. I love it here.

We went into the slums today, as today was our first official day of ministry. We visited some families in their homes, played with some children, and taught an english class. It was a lot to take in for me. More awkwardly personal and refreshingly honest commentary will come soon, but for now I'm still processing it all. Ella-Jean was fabulous and requested that we go back tomorrow, so we will.

I met a girl here. She is working with a different missionary organization but they have been staying at this ywam base. She is from Fayetteville, Arkansas and through our brief interactions we started getting to know each other better. Her friend owns a magazine [of which I have read before and considered submitting articles to in the past]. After reading my blog and hearing my story, they want me to write an article about my life as a "single mom missionary" to be published in the December issue! I am thrilled about the opportunity to inspire and encourage.

6 comments:

  1. You are loved! I marvel at God's grace in your lives. What a blessing you are and how God has blessed you! You are loved!


    Chuck and the Girls.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How exciting! I want to buy the magazine when the issue comes out! You'll have to let me know what it's called :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day you amaze me more, I am so proud of you my darling daughter! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to hear you and Ella-Jean are doing well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. read your article in Peekaboo, so wonderful. Glad you met Ash while she was in Cambodia. She's wonderful. Blessings to you and EJ, praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete