God said he'd provide streams in the desert, and God never breaks his promises. This church we go to here, I LOVE it. It's one of those streams. I met 3 people today, listen:
I noticed this girl about my age holding a little boy, so I turned around to say hi. She is from Carthage, Missouri! Her parents own an orphanage here and she invited us to come check it out. She seemed really nice and strikingly normal.
By mid-service we ended up in the nursery area with all the other moms. Esther was this sweet blond lady with her little boy. She is from England, they moved here about 6 weeks ago. We started talking and sharing information we had gathered. And she invited us over for a playdate this week! She seems really cool.
Another mom heard me say I'm from San Francisco, "So am I!" she said. She knows Danville, Walnut Creek, Pleasanton. Then she handed me her business card for the mexican restaurant she owns here! Hahaha, can you believe it?
that's so great that God had prepared such a comfortable path for you there! it seems like there are people for both you and Ella that can make cambodia feel like home.
ReplyDeleteDoesnt get much better than that! And to top it all of, a person from San Francisco!....who OWNS A MEXICAN RESTAURANT! What the heck! Mexican food in Cambodia?! Thats God.
ReplyDeleteTiff
What a small world! That's so cool Elise! Sounds like God is connecting you with great people :-) How wonderful and exciting!
ReplyDeleteWow, a Mexican Restaurant!!! and she's from the Bay Area! Sounds like you've got an awesome network going there, your life is changing for sure. I'm so happy for you Honey.
ReplyDeleteHow COOL! I wonder who the girl was from Carthage?! That's just crazy! She'll have to look us up when she comes back home :)
ReplyDelete