The celebrations of Ella-Jeans 2nd Birthday have already begun. Though the actual day won't be for another 2 weeks, this is an event that to me, would be impossible to over-celebrate. Look at how far we've come?! She's come! I've come! So, how did we kick off this triumphant event you ask?? What do you think I did... I took her to a Justin Bieber concert of course!
We had an absolute blast. Walking into the arena she was a little overwhelmed, there were thousand of little girls and their weirdo moms :) I think she was trying to figure out what we were doing there and what was going on.....that is until she saw a giant poster of the Beeb's face hanging next to the stage, that's when her face lit up and she pointed to it squealing with excitement "BIEBER!"
We danced and sang our hearts out, she fell asleep after about the fifth song, so I danced with her resting peacefully in my arms, amidst the stares of the moms I was sitting next to....who just sat there through the whole thing like a bunch of duds. Ella-Jean woke up for the last few songs. She made some friends with the 8 year old girls sitting in front of us, so she rocked out with them for a good chunk of the show too. I couldn't believe how old she seemed, dancing with friends at a concert without me holding her.
Really quickly, let my clarify my values to you, because many of you are probably deeply concerned at this point, I would be if I were reading this. I don't encourage my child's submersion in pop-culture. I know that the creators of Disney/Pixar films, the machines that pump out pop-stars like Bieber and so many others, definitely don't care about my child's character and well being like I do. They don't care about her mind or her heart or her future. Their job is to make money. My job is to protect my child. I'm doing my best to make sure she knows where her value comes from (The Lord) and what matters in life (loving God, loving people). And though I don't think I'll be taking her to another Bieber concert till shes about 15...it was a fun and innocent experience for both of us, and special memories were made.
With that being said, let the celebrations continue!
No comments:
Post a Comment