Friday, February 12, 2010

It's a Good Life

Tonight was GREAT. You know how sometimes ordinary things feel really special?

We went to Chick-Fil-A tonight with a friend. Unbenounced to us, the fastfood chain was decked out for Valentines Day, "A night in Paris" they called it. Table cloths, a string orchestra, free cheesecake, dim lighting, the works. Ella-Jean was psyched for the playplace, hugging and kissing all the other little twirps running around. She couldnt stop smiling. Nor could I.

We stopped in at Target afterwards. Target is a taste of normalcy and home for me. It's a treat that I rarely get to experience.

Once we were home, Ella-Jean said something to me in regards to her diaper. I figured she needed to use the toilet so I helped get her pants and diaper off, and she climbed up to the toilet, sat down, and went #2.......this would be a first America! And it's slightly monumental given that she's not even one and a half. She's wearing panties sometimes now, and it just seems weird. Im proud of her, but more importantly she's proud of herself.

The night ended with us watching a few episodes of Full House on DVD and Ella-Jean wanting+receiving a full body massage while laying in her crib.

So, this is my life. I'm a mom. Ordinary things like Chick-Fil-A, Target, pooping on the potty and Full House re-runs make for a pretty special night. But of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.


3 comments:

  1. Hooooray for the poop in the toilet!
    Im dying over the "night in paris".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that Full House re-runs topped your list for a long time now... :)
    She sounds like she's becoming an amazing little girl. Come visit LA soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could see her kissing and hugging all of the little kiddies around her... what a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete