Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In Pursuit of Happiness & Adventure

It's a nice feeling to pause and look back on where you were a year ago and to be happier where you are now, than where you were at then. Some people see happiness as trivial, especially in the Christian culture because joy is viewed at such greater value, but one's happiness is important too. I have experienced dark and challenging times in my life when I wasn't happy with who I was or where I was at.

Trivial or not, I am happier now than I was a year ago.





Yesterday was my 24th birthday. Besides the sweet notes on facebook, the gifts, and the new phone I got in the mail (perfect timing Tiff, thank you); What really gave me satisfaction was looking back on the last year and being grateful for what I had experienced and pleased with the choices I had made.

In this next year....

I want to go somewhere and do something. I want to accomplish things, make things happen, meet new people, travel to new places, I've just gotta do things. I want to pursue my hobbies deeper and aquire new skills, personally, vocationally, and in ministry. I don't care if I fall in love with anyone and get hitched, Im lying through my teeth as I write that, but I dont have any control over it so I've chosen apathy, and I'll be content regardless.

And that is that.

1 comment:

  1. "Im lying through my teeth as I write that"

    LOL I loved that. I totally feel you on that point too. I guess it's good to remember that "Godliness with contentment is great gain"

    ReplyDelete