Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 161- Dear December...

Autumn. October. Pumpkin pie. Foggy coastal dreary mornings. Christmas. Christmas songs. Cold wind. Cozy fire place warmed homes. Treats baking. Something cookin' on the stove making the whole house smell of delicious comfort. Tree lit up. Loved ones on their way to visit.

That's where my mind is. That is where my mind has basically been for months now. Because it felt like Christmas never came.

I never got to experience the eery holy hush that falls over a town on Christmas morn. Kids here in Cambodia still had school. Stores were all open. Construction workers kept on building. Life went on as usual and it was down right creepy to experience a world without Christmas.

Thus, it is March and and I'm still singing Christmas carols to Ella-Jean. And daydreaming about stoking the fire, wrapping gifts and gorging myself on homemade fudge.

Six months till October 1st. Oh, I can't wait for the foggy coastal dreary mornings we have coming our way. I simply cannot wait.

3 comments:

  1. Yeeeeeeeeees.
    Its coming soon! Well, first summer...but its coming soon! Fall (October) is my month of a fresh start for the new season. I always look forward to it, as you know!

    Crust

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we can't wait to share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that must be so strange. No wonder your mind is still singing christmas songs. I just stumbled onto your blog and your story is truly unique. I look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete