Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 73- Day 73??

73 Days and still going strong......

I attempted to get the lice out of our hair and bedding today for the umpteenth time. Actually it was only the third try but ya know..... If you come to Cambodia, plan on getting pink eye, lice, having digestive issues and ankles covered in mosquito bites. Its like guaranteed, at least from my experience here.

I'm not complaining, there are a lot of places on earth that make this stuff seem like childs play.

We moved! We no longer live on a YWAM Base, we're living with a missionary family I'm friends with and our quality of life has improved greatly. (ie: I'm writing this blog from our room where we now have wifi!!). Hoping and praying I wont have to live in a commune again for the rest of my life. We're still with YWAM, we just don't live on base anymore.

We've had some time off for the holidays, but I cant wait to get back to work. I miss pouring into my students. I didn't come to Cambodia to live, I came to work, so when I'm not working the days feel weird and boring and the waves of homesickness crash hard.

It's Day 73 here in the Kingdom of Wonder and I'm wide-eyed at what God has already done.

Only 120 Days left.....






No comments:

Post a Comment