Monday, April 26, 2010

Busy watering thirsty camels.

There are some things I'm slow to pick up on.

My brother was in a band for 10 years, it took me the first 9 to realize his music was actually good, really good. Libraries open your world and save your brain from turning to mush, especially when you have no money and live a million miles away from normalcy. Sometimes people have the reputation they have, because they've rightfully earned it, and sometimes not.

I believe I've discovered the secret to success......about 8 years after everyone else in my generation did. And here it is:

1. Before bed, write up a To-do list/Agenda for the following day
2. Get a good night sleep
3. Drink a giant cup of coffee in the morning
4. Get physical exercise daily

Recently I dealt with the premature ending of a romantic friendship that held cataclysmic potential. This was someone I had hoped for and prayed about for years, and the ending of it left me questioning some big things. The story of Isaac and Rebekah from the book of Genesis came to mind, which brought about some very clear direction for me.

In regards to love, here is what I now believe:
It's off my shoulders. I can breathe now. God is in the business of families, of romance, and of love. And He can unite 2 people in far-fetched ways under seemingly impossible circumstances, in the perfect timing. And if God loves me, then nothing else is worth worrying too much about.

Like I said, sometimes I'm just a little slow on the uptake.

1 comment:

  1. That is a big deal, and if only everyone could put their lives in God's hands. I'm still in that one! God does love you two!

    ReplyDelete